Thursday, April 5, 2012

bbq and sand.

For those people from Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, or New Mexico then you might understand the excitement of our Thursday night.

Rudy's BBQ opened its first location in Arizona right down the street from us. We had been anticipating its arrival since we got here. Nothing like bbq to make you feel like home.  They opened their doors this week and you better believe we were there along with Marshall's work friends.

The line was out the door. 
But it made it feel like an amusement park. Which made it that much more awesome. Plus, they supplied us with free samples.

 Bonus. They had my favorite summer beer, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.

Being in line for 30 minutes gave us the opportunity to really plan out what we were going to order.
A mistake in ordering could be detrimental to the meal.
 Marshall and I went with a 1/2 lb brisket, and 3/4 lb. turkey, along with a few sides and sweet tear...
We still wanted more.

 Rudy's is just as good in Arizona as it is in Oklahoma. 
Plus, my Oklahoma accent magically was intensified the moment I stepped in.


After dinner we ended up people watching for 5 hours at a restaurant/bar that had sand, called The Sandbar.
And for those of you that really know me, know I despise sand (yet love the beach). Uhhhh.
Next time, I wear my winter boots.

I want more BBQ.

kisses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BBQ is the best. I need some SOON!!
& I just wanted you to know that I am in love with your dress. :)
much love, friend!
xoxo