Tuesday, February 28, 2012

spinning 101

We joined the YMCA. 
And I'm super excited about it. 
It's less than 5 minutes away from my aunt's, it's clean, they offer all kinds of classes, and there are 2 outdoor heated pools. 
I haven't actually seen anyone "laying" out at the pool, and there are no lounge chairs, but I'm going to make it work.

Marshall and I decided to try our first class last tonight. 
Spin class.
 I dreaded it all day, freaked out right before we went and tried to make excuses why I couldn't go. But I went.
 I had no idea what to expect. I don't really work out. And when I do, it's not non stop, it's between commercial breaks. I didn't think I could do this.

But I did.
At one point towards the end the instructor made us close our eyes as we were doing a sprint. She was all "envision the finish line".... All I could see was a giant cookie in front of me.

And cookies are what got me through. And today my butt is so sore I feel like I rode a horse for 12 hours.

Props to all you people who do this all the time.

Next class on my list is water aerobics with the seniors.

kisses.

1 comment:

Marsh said...

I'm only doing water aerobics if I can wear a speedo..