Thursday, September 1, 2011

an unexpected family reunion

I haven't blogged in a week. I haven't even had time to think about blogging. Life has been happening very quickly here. I am still in Oklahoma, Monday will make it 1 whole month. I didn't expect to still be here, but I have a really caring, understanding, husband who said to stay. I did see him for about days in the month I have been gone, so it's not like I left my husband or anything :)

I have been hesitant to blog. So much has happened, so much emotion, and tears, and laughter. I't's exhausting, and I don't know how to type it all out.

My unforgettable Grammie went to be with Jesus on Thursday, August 25. We were all gathered around her bed, holding her hand, praying, singing. It was something I have never experienced. You could feel the presence of God in that room so strongly, I will never forget that.

Family started to fly and drive into town the days after grammie's passing, and our quiet house became full of tiny children playing, walks down memory lane, celebrating 2 cousin's birthdays, laughing at how amazing, funny, and ridiculous our Grammie is, and enjoying being together during this difficult time.

Her service was Tuesday and it was a beautiful celebration of her life. My Papa and her have had an amazing life together, and knowing he is here on earth without her is the hardest part of all of this. But knowing she is dancing with Jesus in heaven makes it all a little easier.

I'm just going to end this post with some pictures of our crazy family time together. And I'll be back for regular postings soon.
kisses.

No comments: