Monday, February 15, 2010

does everyone know how to do this?


This post may embarrass me, bore you a little, but it will definitely showcase my lack of domestic skills. I am also hoping it makes you wish you could hang out with me because my life is so cool...

Ever since we got back from Thailand we have been craving pineapple, oh the goodness of the freshly cut pineapple. We had to have some and we see them at the supermarket but the only thing that holds us back from making the purchase is we just don't know how to cut that darn fruit.

So we took the plunge and brought one home. First step.. google.... "how to cut a pineapple"

and ya know what... there is a site just for that...

Tools:
Sharp knife
Cutting board
Pineapple

Put the pineapple on its side and cut off the stalk.

Good job Kylie

Cut off the top of the pineapple.

Please notice the giant knife I had to switch to, those are my hands now btw

Cut off the bottom of the pineapple.

Put the pineapple on its side and cut the skin off of the sides

Good job Heidi

Continue cutting around the pineapple until you have cut all of the skin off of it.

Depending on your knife skill you will most likely have some nasty brown skin left, you can remove these with a potato peeler.

Place the pineapple on its side and begin cutting slices. (I know, there is still skin on it, we were too lazy)

Cut cut cut until the entire thing has been sliced up.

And the last step, which we didn't do.... so I took a picture of the computer screen instead

The cutting of the core.

Okay so this isn't a food blog, obviously I don't cook, and the thought of me in the kitchen makes my stomach hurt, but ya know what... I am one step closer to being that domestic girl I dream of one day. Thank you howtocutapineapple.com. I learned something today.

I don't have a whole lot going on these days....

kisses.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

FYI . . . . I knew it switched to your hands before the caption because I recognized your thermal. Love you!