Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Another productive day here in Chiner

While we were in Beijing and haggling at the market we came across the glasses booths. After some bargaining we left with some pretty sweet "Ray Ban". I have been wanting some crazy Chinese glasses so I will feel more Chinese. I think I found my pair. (they actually aren't that crazy.)

I needed lenses put in them, so Winter agreed to help me. Of course. They just took my old glasses and magically got my prescription and then got to work.

There they are, sitting on top of that dirty machine.

And this little (no lie, she was a foot shorter than me) lady made my glasses. She refused to have her picture taken. I showed her! Ha!

This is for Marshall.... Is 1 better or 2, 2 or 3? Look top right, okay look bottom left.

This is exciting too... American brand saline!

While Winter and I were walking to the eye place she said the greatest thing to me. She said and I quote "Heidi, you know besides your face you really look Chinese now" Isn't that the greatest compliment ever!

After the glasses she wanted to take pictures of me in my new glasses...
Her response to this picture "You don't look Chinese like this"

So I did the typical Chinese girl pose. No smile, Victory sign raised and all crooked like. She agreed that this pose was much more Chinese.

She was smiling like an American girl for me. We do smile a lot.

Still no classes today so what did I do with my time? Well, Kylie had class so I made her a little treat.

We don't actually have a cake pan, so cupcake style...

Thanks to my sweet momma, we have a little bit of heaven in a can.

So I got started...

And I don't have any pictures of the cupcakes in the pan... but you know what that looks like.

They said 15-20 minutes to bake... well that may be true in a normal oven... but apparently in our ghetto toaster over it mean FOREVER.

So I was productive during that FOREVER time...

I looked outside and watched the students walk to class. They looked cold.

I filed my nails. They are looking good now.

And I researched some hostels in Thailand. Have I mentioned that I am going to Thailand!? Thaightland here we come!

All while of course watching Friends.

The cupcakes finally were done. I don't have pictures of the finished product, because well Kevin ate them. And I'm not Kara. Her food is beautiful and perfect. Mine looks like a 4 year old made it.

But my bagged milk was a delicious addition to my day and my cupcake!

After dinner...

we started a new project

This one is for my Chinese boyfriend... Just kidding, Just kidding people. Only 1 boyfriend for me. They didn't have the color I wanted, so I got this random one.

p.s. I heard the new season of The Bachelor started. Man, I miss American trash television.

kisses.

3 comments:

Kori said...

Heiders! I've been meaning to tell you that I want to get glasses when I'm there because Emily told me about that machine thing! Take me there! Also I think your new scarf is going to be cute... I like those colors.

P.S. Download the bachelor... or just read about it. I thought it was going to be lame but it sounds like it's going to get crazy. Lovies.

Lynn said...

Your new glasses are as cute as you!!!

Kara Pyo said...

cute! I'm jealous of the snow and super proud of you for making cupcakes :)